Ask the experts: Gluten-free bread

 
 
How can I increase the fibre in my homemade gluten-free bread?
Ask the experts: Gluten-free breadQuestion icon"As someone with food intolerances (particularly gluten, lactose and yeast), I make my own gluten-free bread. I always use brown rice flour, but how else can I get a decent amount of fibre in my bread? I very much miss chunky, whole grain breads!"
Wendy
Answer iconHFG Nutritionist Claire Turnbull says:
“Wholemeal (gluten-containing) flour is around 10g fibre per 100g. Most of the gluten-free flour alternatives are around 3-6g fibre per 100g. To get extra fibre and crunch into your bread, you could try adding one or more of these:
  • Linseeds (flaxseeds) = 27g fibre/100g
  • Soy flour = 11g fibre/100g
  • Sesame seeds = 8g fibre/100g
  • Chopped almonds/hazelnuts = 7g fibre/100g
  • Sunflower seeds = 6g fibre/100g
  • Pumpkin seeds = 5g fibre/100g"

http://www.healthyfood.co.nz/articles/searchcategories?vocabulary_name=hfm.categories.foodandnutrients&catalog_index=foodandnutrients_categories&vocabulary_term=breadsandcereals

No comments:

Post a Comment